Thread: Os Mutantes
View Single Post
Old 10.20.2011, 03:11 PM   #71
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
No, I simply didn't know that Os Mutantes was Brazillian, honestly. I don't speak Portuguese or Spanish.

However, you might be right about everything. However, I'd still say that cultural identity is a huge part of "ethnocentrism", and that"ethnocentrism" does not strictly refer to ethnicity. In fact, I know this. It is a fact.

So unless you're arguing that ethnocentrism is not what it actually is, we have no disagreement.

However, I see every other point you've made as valid. And honestly, I don't see why we need to argue at all.

Most of us associate "ethno" with ethnicity. I know in the US it has been constantly used to refer to "cultural identity" but I'm willing to bet the people who started it are the same who believe there is such as thing as an "american caucasian". So I would avoid using "ethnos-" it if I were you.

eth·no·cen·trism n.1. Belief in the superiority of one's own ethnic group.
2. Overriding concern with race.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|