View Single Post
Old 03.29.2018, 08:23 PM   #191
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
How did he respond?

If he did

I said we communicated, didn’t I?

Yeah, he replied to my question of When are you going to re-evaluate Burial’s Rival Dealer and realize that it’s the man’s career-best work, and that the song you think is the worst — ‘Come Down to Us’ — is in fact the most haunting and beautiful thing he’a Ever done?” I had also written about how his opinions tend to loosely mirror my own except in instances of objective wrongness like the aforementioned, and I named a few others (Yeezus, “Futura Free”).

He said something like “Sadly my opinion hasn’t changed. Unfortunately I’ve found his music less and less interesting with each release.”
Didn’t say much else.

Short reply, but whatever. I’m not bragging about the interaction, it’s just funny that you think we have similar opinions when that’s only the case on the surface. Dig into an album and he’s almost always “wrong” about what the best and worst songs are, even if he’s “right” about the album being good or bad or meh.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|