View Single Post
Old 07.18.2017, 01:07 PM   #52
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Was at the gig in Toronto last night, nice venue good sound @ The Great Hall. Local opener Casper Skulls are a good band really liked their set, sorta like Speedy Ortiz and Gang of Four with Sonic Youth esque guitar tones. TM was great, solid set... got to appreciate James guitar playing live and interaction between Steve and Debbie was pretty ace.

Thurston has a few strange pedals in his setup that I never imagined him using in the past: a dedicated reverb (tc electronics HOF mini) and a chorus? (huh!? ... looked like tc electronics corona mini from my vantage point) and he's also brought the mxr phase 90 back on his board as of fairly recent.

Anyone know if Cusp is in a different tuning (other than CGDGCD)? Its the only song in the set, where Thurston switched away form his '59 sunburst jazzmaster to his sig model green jazzmaster, while James I believe stuck with the gold jazzmaster but may have retuned for that song.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|