View Single Post
Old 03.16.2013, 09:54 AM   #17242
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
You guys have missed my point. I'm not knocking Bergman in any way. I've enjoyed (is that the right word?) pretty much all of his films. My point was Bergman's pattern of films are in many ways similar to each other. The small films with 2 or 3 people pondering aloud about various philosophical questions was something he, along with Dreyer, were brilliant at but come on give me something else. Stretch yourself.

As for my choice of Kubrick he was the first director to pop into my head. My point was to show directors who showed a desire to stretch out. Why was Bergman happy to stay in a certain style of film?

To reiterate-I enjoy Bergman films a hell of a lot.

Quote:
But Kubrick never made a quiet chamber piece with only two or three characters.

Remind me aside from the first half hour, how many characters where in 2001?

Quote:
I feel like most of the characters in Kubrick's films are merely a bunch of scribbles he put together rapidly.

Paths of Glory? Spartacus?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|