View Single Post
Old 04.30.2015, 09:46 AM   #18694
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Maps to the Stars was awesome, one of my favourites of last year, and maybe my favourite Cronenberg film.
A while ago at work I had to watch a bunch of Almodovar's 80s films, en Espanol without subtitles. They all looked really fun but I couldn't really understand what, why or who.

whoa, without subtitles it would be insane unless you speak the language really well. a lot of cultural references to its place & time, a lot of slang, a lot of subtext... the music is very carefully chosen for its lyrics too. for you it was probably like it would be for me to watch a mike leigh movie without subtitles (incomprehensible).

almodovar is always entertaining though. even if i spanish is my first language, in every rewatch i find some new connection. i found the other day that an original almodovar song has been covered (repeatedly and with variations in multiple languages) by stereo total. there's a video of teh original. google "voy a ser mamá almodóvar" and "voy a ser mamá stereo total". it also comes in english in dad & mom versions. it's got superfunny lyrics and i didn't know it was his until just the other day.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|