View Single Post
Old 05.18.2017, 08:19 AM   #49771
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses

ok so having admitted to being The Guy who likes Zeitgest, maybe my opinion holds less weight to y'all. BUT... Oceania is fantastic. Against all odds, it is the best thing the "band" had done in a decade. And I mean... I'm not even sure how. Billy hired an entirely new band via auditions. He basically hired a bunch of kids. Ones who were probably too young to even remember all his rage. But somehow. Somehow this albums SOUNDS like a 90's Smashing Pumpkins album. Which one? All of them. That's what's fascinating. Literally every sound explored in SP's discography from Gish to Machina is touched upon here. But it also doesnt' sound like a band stuck in the past. It sounds comfortable. Oceania's success is a miracle. I'll be the first to admit that. But what really bums me out is how few folks will actually pay it the attention it deserves. Do me a favor and at least listen to "Panopticon" which is one of my fav SP songs in a long long long time.