View Single Post
Old 10.01.2016, 01:16 PM   #1030
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
wtf?!

one thing that distinguishes Syria from Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, and various other regimes (U.S.-aligned) throughout the region is religious freedom.
youre speaking about a semi recent past, in today's war there are no freedoms.

Quote:

Syria’s political system is certainly in need of reform and modernization, and representatives of the Syrian government such as U.N. Ambassador Bashar Al-Jaafari readily admit this. however, the war which has raged across Syria for the last five years, is NOT about reform, democratization or modernization.

its a government crack down simple as that but it seems you have bought too much into the government narrative. what a shame that you feel so comfortable supporting such inhumane violence.

Quote:
in terms of international law, the United States has invaded Syria, a sovereign country and United Nations member state. This is the not the first time, though Arizona Sen. John Mccain crossed into Syria without a visa to meet with anti-government fighters in 2013.

agreed but THAT doesn't somehow exonerate the Assad regime for its violence and killing of civilians.

Quote:
as U.S. media bemoans the humanitarian crisis, somehow blaming on the Syrian government and its president,

THAT IS BECAUSE IT IS THE SYRIAN GOVERNMENT DOING MOST OF THE KILLING

Quote:
and the U.S. directly sends its military forces into the country, the people of the world should ask western leaders and their allies: why are you prolonging this war? why can’t you just leave Syria alone? isn’t five years of war enough? is overthrowing the Syrian government really worth so much suffering and death?

While i agree the current tactic of foreign intervention in arming rebel militias is counter productive, ineffective, and blatantly criminal i still can't for the life of me understand HOW ANY OF THAT JUSTIFIES ASSAD DESTROYING HIS OWN COUNTRY

Quote:
millions of them became refugees, because of military rebel groups so called opposition forces caused havoc and destruction in whole country. men dragged on streets and brutally slaughtered? women, children? cities destroyed, ancient heritage places blown up by controled demolitions to bits? no, Assad did it, he would kill all of his own people and destroy all of his country into bits so he can have a power grab.

oh yeah its only the rebels, its not like Assad and Russia aren't launching bombing raids and shelling of civilians daily or anything.

Quote:
oh here we go again. evil regime that is killing thousands of its own civilians. sounds like cnn (hope on tonight news they will at least match right video to right area or era) and spinning same narrative for millionth time. blame, blame, blame. got used to it by now.

THAT IS BECAUSE ITS NOT MERELY SPIN, ITS THE FUCKING TRUTH STOP BEING AN ASSHOLE

Quote:
and how DARE YOU call me Putin's and Assad's fanboy, how DARE YOU!

good, now you are as upset as i was, maybe you can emphasize with why i am so against what Assad and Putin are doing there.

no, America isn't doing any better but they certainly aren't committing violence to the scale or degree that the Assad regime is against Syrian civilians.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|