View Single Post
Old 05.13.2012, 05:45 PM   #15691
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
My favourite Tarantino is Jackie Brown. That was the one where I felt like he'd finally grown out of his earlier obsessions, so I really thought Kill Bill was a step backward.

The problem I have with his dialogue is everyone ends up talking with the same 'voice', which reached its most annoying point with Death Proof. The only one that I think really avoided it was Jackie Brown, maybe because most of the dialogue was written by Elmore Leonard.

Yes. This. Except for the part about KB being a step backward. I actually don't think Jackie Brown is much less Tarantino than his other films. I mean, he did re-write half the cast of the book as black and chose Pam Grier to play the lead. But yes, that's my fav. official Tarantino film too, and I agree wholeheartedly about Death Proof.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|