View Single Post
Old 07.04.2012, 11:53 PM   #25
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcat
Her appeal was in shock value, as it was with most No Wave... Looks were everything and she had a good one. It's a superficial reason to be important but it's a valid one for her circumstances.

Looks/shock value definitely were not some of the more important aspects of No Wave, even though I'm not one ignorant enough to state they don't matter within the scheme of music...they do. It's 2012...I feel for anyone that currently still finds anything she did way back when "shocking". Not like she was doing stuff that hadn't been done already...even at that time. Iggy rolled around in glass, Stiv received head on stage...big deal. She was and is notorious for talking shit about anyone with any real artistic credibility (seriously, she was stupid enough to call Patti Smith a hippie).

Sure...if she wasn't physically attractive she likely never would have amounted to much, but why does that even matter? There are those with looks that still demonstrate talent...likewise, there are those without 'em that do too.

I always found Teenage Jesus to be the bottom of the barrel as far as no wave is concerned. James Chance + DNA for the win.