View Single Post
Old 09.28.2014, 01:39 AM   #18
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate_ladyland
And anyways... innovation is overrated. If an artist develops their own "voice" within whatever genre/framework they work in then that's good enough for me. But developing that voice I don't think really counts as innovation.
yerp right on, and at this point there is in no way any need for richard to conform to his listeners' expectations as to what constitutes him being 'innovative'. and he's most definitely plied a certain approach for so long a time as to have developed something really singular, really distinctive, which is why the innumerable imitators which have sprung up over the last decade or so (I mean the self-serious wankers, not the immensely underrated stuff which richard & GWC put out on rephlex) have fallen so short, and indeed why syro comes across as such a fucking belter. because on that really fundamental level, the production is incredible, like the tuss if it were properly mastered, and the tracks and their internal tangents are so well thought out as to give it that impression that it's intimately planned and exceedingly organic in its development.

metz massages my mental clitoris.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|