View Single Post
Old 11.28.2017, 03:21 PM   #163
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
--Are some oats more tryptophan-ny than others?

--And are there foods that give a serotonin boost without the tryptophan step, or is that necessary?
well more tryptophan does not necessarily mean more serotonin. that’s a fact shown by research i think.

but tryptophan as the precursor is necessary to make serotonin. so you need a basic level of it for sure, and beyond that i don’t know. but depends on your metabolism or how you synthesize things, why not eat more. it’s just food. that’s why i listed it last.

there’s also some relation with carb consumption and serotonin, i.e. carbs (the good ones) help keep your levels of serotonin up. so that 2 points for oats

for actual serotonin supplementation people use an intermediary form... 5-HTP or something it’s called? it’s a step between the 2 (closer to serotonin) but i’ve never tried it. i read it was banned and then allowed again. i really don’t know.

as for the oats, i think they’re all basically the same, except that the instant ones taste like shit and have a shitty texture. fuck that mess— grey boogers.

i buy the organic hippy rolled oats at the hippy story in bulk. they smell funkier than quaker oats. must be the patchouli! but yeah they cook in 5’ on the stovetop same as quaker and so cheap it’s affordable organic.

i’ve tried steel cut oats and they’re a pain in the ass if you ask me. i can’t wait infinite minutes for them to cook. oh, there’s this brand at costco, “coach” or something, that were tasty.

BUT LIGHT! this morning i sat in front of a window until my eyes hurt and it was a huge boost. free of charge. even a cloudy afternoon is brighter than what you get at an office. so... get outside some. the earlier the better so you get the most benefit. serotonin (peace) —> melatonin (sleep)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|