View Single Post
Old 11.30.2018, 12:03 PM   #23145
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Wow, honestly - you fuckin' nailed it. I'm not sure why I never even considered that before.

It only occured to me watching it last night, and even then only when the action transfers to the hospital. The scene where Michael burns the woman in boiling water is a straight lift from Deep Red but even beyond that, the tone is VERY Suspiria, I know Carpenter is a huge Argento fan so, while he didn't direct it, he did write and produce it, so it certainly looks like the references (if that's what they were) were his - although I've never heard him mention them in an interview. He hates the film, apparently. But then he prefers the remake of The Fog to his own original. The guy's a bit weird.

I think I'll re-watch Prince of Darkness tonight, which he's upfront about being almost a straight tribute to Argento.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|