Thread: New Pixies
View Single Post
Old 09.06.2013, 06:52 AM   #48
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I actually went to pitchfork to get their masturbatory self righteous take on the new EP. I can't believe these reviewers are paid to write journal entries about their own shattered dreams of writing about bands that broke up before they were fucking born. Of course it's going to sound like shit to someone who expects it to sound like God and Satan fucking through a thin hotel room wall.

They're people. They're a band, kind of. They have changed. Why MBV's mathematical and exacting recreation of their own previous records, with nothing but the benefit of more experience to distinguish it from a lost 91 release, received absolute praise when the Beatles of indie rock reuniting briefly to record a few sloppy unpretentious tracks that don't shatter worlds with their awesomeness is considered personally and universally offensive, I have no idea.

What the fuck did you expect? I haven't heard it, but the cover art is brilliant, so that's a plus. And pitchfork said nothing about what it actually sounded like; only what it DIDN'T sound like. Pitchfork is the fucking tragedy.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|