View Single Post
Old 02.20.2011, 04:57 AM   #22
sergisonic
children of satan

sergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's asses
spanish february number of Rockdelux.
Dean Wareham interview:

RDL.- You defend that there is much difference between independent labels and major labels. In your book reviews by Steve Albini an article entitled "The problem with music. " Did you have any response?

DEAN WAREHAM.- I guess Steve has not read it. I would like to discuss IT in person. I think his view is simplistic. It is true that multinationals deceive you, but at least you know where is directed every dollar for the group. But independent labels deceive you too. They are not as pure as Steve Albini implies. The only advantage is that they have better taste in music. Albini is one of those people who need strict rules to function. For example, he always says, "Never use the word producer, sound engineer only. " It is not so simple. Sometimes a musician wants someone to lead. There are many singers who are grateful for a producer to help them get where they alone can not.

Steve Albini making friends
sergisonic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|