View Single Post
Old 12.24.2016, 11:58 PM   #16
d.sound
the destroyed room

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
post internet music
what the fuck does this even mean? you don't have the enthusiasm and love for music to actually seek it out? this has been the best year for new music since 2011. there has been plenty of bad shit, but you toss it aside and try something else. i find lots of records i love because i love music. enough to try new things. there were a couple years where i was severely depressed that i only listened to like 5 albums the whole year. maybe that's what's up? are you depressed? my love of music is what brought me to a sonic youth board, a board for sharing the love of music. (i thought?)

that said, what's up with sonic youth fans only listening to kanye west albums and other mainstream hip hop? that's like the farthest thing from sonic youth. at least to me it seemed like rock and roll hit a peak in the late 90s and has been pure shit ever since. i'm pretty sure rock and roll has died. so i guess the alternative is mainstream hip hop?

i would think people who are open minded enough to enjoy sonic youth so much they join a message board for them would be more adventurous in their taste in music. i mean when i got into sy when washing machine came out, the only way to find new music in a rural area was mtv and magazines. with the internet i've found so much different music than i ever thought i could. i don't see how that's a bad thing at all. more music. always more music.
d.sound is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|