View Single Post
Old 02.10.2013, 12:16 PM   #12
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Gotta say, "Sun Blows up Today" does not sound anything like what they're describing when they talk about the sonic vibe of the new album.

It sounds like pretty much every non-embryonic lips song since Zaireeka. I mean, I like it. That's for goddamn sure. But it's got more of a "Yeah-Yeah-Yeah Song" vibe to it than I was expecting. And that song was... a mistake. A fun novelty that should have been a b-side to one of the two or three genuinely good songs on Mystics.

When Wayne says "punk rock" I feel kind of a Green Day reaction going on in my head. You know? Like someone who shouldn't ever be using those words is using them, and I wish they wouldn't.

Oh well. Here's to high hopes. Heady Fwends was damn good, so let's let this thing unfold a bit more, and have faith. The Lips are entirely capable of creating awesome music (Zaireeka, In a Priest Driven Ambulance, embryonic, etc) so I remain optimistic about this project.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|