View Single Post
Old 03.02.2016, 05:33 PM   #110
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Dead_battery you assume we have automatically taken sides when in all reality only one who took a definitive "side" is you and frankly you're wrong.

Yeah, I admit I initially sides with Gira, sort of instinctively, as I said in my last post, but it didn't take long for me to realize it was an extremely loaded issue that I was unfairly making a decision about before I even finished reading the account.

That didn't make me "side" with Larkin. I think a lot of what she's saying sounds funny to say the least, and the way she's saying it is not respectable at all. (If it really was ONLY about business, she would have done this through a lawyer, she did the opposite - made a public accusation without pressing charges... makes it seem a little like she did want to smear his image, despite her comments to the contrary). But it does mean that I'm checking myself and stopping myself from BELIEVING WHAT I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Nobody has enough information to really take sides, and I think those of us who are taking the non-DB stance are simply saying that the accusations should not be brushed off, taken lightly or ignored. That should never be the case, no matter how many times the law is abused by false testimonies. If we stopped caring about "boys crying wolf" just because sometimes they're lying/seeing things/having a nightmare, then we'd be going down a path to lawlessness. It doesn't matter how many boys "cry wolf," good parents still pay attention when they're kid is screaming.

The alternative is to let everyone take care of themselves, fully and completely.

Face it, as a society we have to either take rape allegations seriously all the time, or legalize rape and forget about it. There's no middle ground. I'm not saying we should believe them all, but they should be taken seriously. HAVE TO be taken seriously.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|