View Single Post
Old 12.31.2018, 02:27 PM   #2319
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Its tone is definitely more like The Wire than Treme, but it just doesn't go anywhere. Especially weird given the calibre of writers working on it. Treme was just one long cringe for me. That isn't the case here (although it certainly has its moments) more just a lack of interest in the characters and the situations they find themselves in. Again weird given there's some excellent actors here. No one as flat-out annoying as Steve Zahn's Davis, though.
reason i asked you was that i remember you didn’t like tremé, but i loved it and would rewatch in a heartbeat.

true enough, tremé was not much of a “story”, it was more of a survey of local color, and characters weaving in and out of camera, but ultimately i just wanted to go live there.

i know i’m in the minority here (low ratings being the reason the show was cancelled), but still, i can appreciate your assessment without necessarily sharing it.

not in a hurry to watch the deuce though. too much teevee right now and can’t afford the addiction.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|