View Single Post
Old 12.17.2015, 06:31 AM   #1773
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Hey louder, are you considering Black Messiah a 2014 or 2015 album?
2014 to me. It's funny because up until it came out I was convinced I'd go with Pińata for the best album of that year, it really caught me off guard.

My choice for "album of the year" for every year of the current decade so far:

2010: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. No question here. There's no other album out there that sounds like it. Like Pusha said a few days ago, this album should be discussed forever.

2011: n/a. We had: Section.80, Watch the Throne, Nostalgia ULTRA, House of Balloons, Take Care.. so I guess it's a 5 way tie. All good projects but nothing stood out in particular. This year was basically a sign of things to come, it had me prepared.

2012: Good Kid, m.A.A.d city (Changed my mind from Channel ORANGE. I prefer the writing and execution on GKMC now).

2013: Yeezus. This album was so ballsy and just as surprising as MBDTF. It's an intense album. I feel like some of the lyrics were overlooked. "Meanwhile the D.E.A. teamed up with the C.C.A."? "Blood on the Leaves"?? Kanye is dropping knowledge on our heads! He has learned a lot since MBDTF and IT SHOWS!! I'd say Nothing Was the Same comes 2nd. It's a good album but just pales in comparsion. Drake isn't completely there yet as a lyricist.

2014: Black Messiah. I feel like this album is underrated, due to its minimal promo and the timing of its release. Yet it inspired my next album of the year a lot, both musically and thematically, over the span of a few months. That's crazy.

2015: To Pimp a Butterfly. Where do I even begin with this album? "Mind of a literate writer but I did it in fact, you admitted it once I submitted it wrapped in plastic..", Kendrick is not only one of the best rappers OF ALL TIME in terms of delivery and rapping technique, he also has a certain way with words that simply blows me away. He's a poet. And I feel like TPAB, along with MBDTF, has the most detailed production on every hip hop album ever. The instrumentation here is dynamic and tells a story along with the rapping. You can hear spirituality, friends who passed away, finding your true self.. it's so beautiful.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|