View Single Post
Old 10.29.2014, 07:45 AM   #18295
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I surprisingly watched Gravity last night.. I say surprisingly because I had no business watching it when it came out a year ago. I mean, really, the premise is almost worse than Snakes On A Plane! Most of the movie is just people floating around in space? I mean, its a great plot on paper but to watch for over an hour?? Also I really don't like movies that are 91% (literally!!) CGI graphics but this one wasn't all that terrible. Yet I found myself really really liking this one. Also, nobody told me it was an existentialist morality play?? I would have possibly been more sold on checking it out but all the shit I read and heard suggested it was just another sci-fi blockbuster and I haven't like a sci-fi blockbuster in several years, Hollywood puts out such crap its possibly the only thing worse than commercial radio music.

how in the utter name of fuck is it an existential morality play?

not being a dick here i'm just baffled to hear you say this.

i think it's actually one of the most utterly disturbing films of all time. the protagonist is lost in space, hallucinating that a corpse is still alive, trying to guide her back to earth. it's a fucking nightmare. it's just pure delusion, and then she ends up back on earth, sentenced to the dire fate of parenthood.

if this is the human condition in 2014, and the only hope we have is crashing back to earth as we desperately follow the signals of a now dead paternalism, which is the only thing, apart from our own debris, that has a hope of "saving" us, then - fuck.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|