View Single Post
Old 09.18.2019, 07:29 AM   #281
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
does that make it any more excusable to repeatedly say faggot or refer to asians as bottom feeders? because if so then by that logic it’s fine for a white person to use the n word.

people need to stop holding rap to a lower moral standard than other music, it’s reductive and condescending

No, but I think context is somewhat important, especially when discussing art.

Honestly I’m not excusing it, but I also don’t think that Lee Daniels Freestyle, which comes with a literal note saying, “I wrote this because I’m pissed about cultural stereotyping, and I want to show you how it feels when that happens,” is evidence of blanket homophobia.

Again, I do think that’s a shallow read.

Maybe people should stop pretending that rap is Un-Art and that complex messaging isn’t possible in the genre.

Ever seen, like, Kids? Or more recently mid90s? Disparaging, homophobic language abounds, but nobody’s accusing Jonah Hill of homophobia. And his movie didn’t even come with an explanation.

Anyway, whatever.

New JPEGMafia album is crazy, and honestly barely qualifies as rap music.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|