View Single Post
Old 04.22.2018, 07:05 AM   #49593
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
wat! pixies was so much fun. but anyway....

grohl’s drums sounded straight out of the melvins, but of course i had not heard of the melvins at the time—so that sound was totally new to me, as to most of the global population back then. i can remember hearing them in a car crossing a bridge in dc. i remember the exact moment. i was “holy fuck what is that” and i had this manic grin take over my face.

thing is the melvins would not have caught on like that even if you had them on exclusive 24h radio rotation because they lacked the other side of things— the catchy tune, ha ha ha.

and yeah the pixies had that— the pixies were so much fun! why you no like? not saying they were revolutionaries or anything—-just great fun. yeah. more fun than REM. not as much as the B-52s.

so one could try saying nirvana = melvins + pixies. and that works a little maybe, but nah. it doesn’t add up. nirvana had their own thing on top of that. and that was... kurt. people can split hairs all they want and name names but in the end nothing was like them on the year punk broke ha ha ha. nothing. nothing.

although i remember was it a year before that? i remember also hearing kool thing and saying “fuck what is that” and i went to a strore and asked to identify the thing and bought GOO, and fortunately the friendly record store employee was not a snobby cunt, and not only he identified the song but sold me evol on top of that. thank fuck for the unpretentious friendly record store guy who told me with a smile that i was gonna like that instead of saying he didn’t listen to the radio and sigh at having to deal with me.

but anyway that was the dawn of time and pre-napster. sweet sweet napster.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|