View Single Post
Old 04.21.2018, 05:40 PM   #49584
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Dinosaur? Hooks? Nah. Arena rock morphed with punky sludge. Also major chords. Lots of major chords.

J&MC? Also lots of major chords. One noise album followed by a bunch of pop albums (dont get me wrong I love both of these bands).

No. Nirvana did something else. They approached melody in a very unique way. Like they were writing “Drive My Car” or “Here, There and Everywhere” for manic depressive punks. Loudly.

Nirvana created a more unique sound than Dino or JAMC. Can’t think of any artists who have truly replicated what they did with those bummer notes and making it rock.

JAMC was basically improved upon by Spacemen 3 and Spiritualized. I’d start naming bands that sound like Dino but I fear I’d never stop.

Can you think of anyone who truly sounds like Nirvana? Besides maybe PJ Harvey for a couple years?

I've no idea about major or minor chords but I still hear plenty of hooks in Dino and JAMC. They were just influenced by different bands/sounds.

I disagree that Spacemen 3 improved on JAMC but that's just a taste thing. I hear no connection whatsoever between Spiritualised and the JAMC.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|