Thread: Post your mixes
View Single Post
Old 11.02.2008, 01:56 PM   #267
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I submit mixes to places, but there aren't many that call themselves 'alternative' which seem daring. The sad thing is that sometimes you get people who dj and start playing shit like ambient music for people who really only want to dance, just because they want to appear cool. I dj'ed at the foundry before, and would like to do it at the george tavern 'cause it's a nice place and the crowds seem to genuinely enjoy themsleves.

I've always found DJing to be difficult. DJing for indie kids... they wouldn't dance to anything. You put fucking Billie Jean or Funkadelic on, HHC or DHR, still no-one's fucking moving. And playing to dance crowds I've been told that you can't play (insert dance music type) at a (insert dance music type) show. I'd love to find a bar where I can just sit in the corner and not piss people off too much while playing some tunes. One day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|