View Single Post
Old 05.03.2016, 11:39 PM   #70
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
real talk:

It's weird. Y'all know Tribe has been my favorite hip hop group since I was like 13. When Phife died, all I wanted to do was listen to Tribe. Celebrate that music.

When Prince died, I wanted the world to go away. I wanted everyone to stop talking. I wanted to stop thinking about it.

The only Prince music I've subjected myself to since was watching the SNL special. And I was teared up during the first performance. Ugh.

It's been emotional for me, certainly, especially certain songs, like "Sometimes it snows in April" and "IWD4U." But I've been banging the hell out of Prince since his passing. I've always played Sign "O" pretty regularly, but I've been going back to Parade, 1999, Purple Rain, Around the World in a Day, and others just to celebrate the fuck out of the man's music, rather than taking to Facebook to post half assed tributes like the rest of the world seems to be doing.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|