Thread: At The Drive-In
View Single Post
Old 08.11.2008, 06:41 PM   #65
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
That guy who plays guitar for the mars volta is the worst person in existence.

I read an interview with him in either Metal Edge or Spin or Guitar World or one of those magazines that I read during lunch break and he said how no one "gets" what he's doing, and he hates when people only like Mars Volta for their "weird" stuff. This is paraphrased but he said something along the lines of, "People listen to us ONLY for how technical it is... or how weird we are.. and I just don't really want those people listening to our music... someone comes up to me and says, 'Oh, you have 30 minute songs' they don't fucking understand our music.. fuck them."

Even though that was paraphrased, it was pretty much EXACTLY what he said. It was in an issue like 4 months ago, right around the time of their newest album, I'm sure it's on some Mars Volta website. The point is, dude's a talentless hack and an idiot.

The Mars Volta are the worst band on earth.
He's always like that. He's an arrogant prick. In a sense, he's a noise artist with an affinity for pop. He "thinks his music should be repulsive" or some shit like that. I read that if his producer likes something too much, he'll fuck it up with effects just for the hell of it.

But--he's talented as fuck, and his personality has little to do with his music. If anything, it does make it more interesting. He's as good as he thinks he is, even if he's an ass about it. He's technical, passionate, creative, and prolific. There's not a lot more you can be. (And just because he plays the same type of music as Santana doesn't mean he's not unique.)
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|