Thread: I am hung over.
View Single Post
Old 01.23.2015, 12:20 PM   #8
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
here is a recipe for my favorite bloody mary. it's the best bloody mary because it's the classic recipe (no celery salts, etc) and it's easy to make.

in a glass pitcher put some big ice chunks. big so they don't melt right away.

add 6 oz vodka (that's 3/4 cup. or 4 jiggers. or roughly 175-180ml.)

the juice of one lemon (yellow lemon)
1 tablespoon (or 3 teaspoons. or about 15ml) worcestershire sauce (good luck pronouncing that)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

shake it, don't break it. no, just give it a good stir so it all bathes together.

now here is wehre it gets tricky:

add 16 oz or 2 cups or 1 pint or a bit under 1/2 litre tomato juice. stir again.

nothing tricky about the stirring but it's the choice of tomato juice that makes all the difference. i get organic tomato juice in a glass bottle with nothing added. canned juices are a different beast & taste different-- i don't like those. but they can work, but they are too salty so check your salt.

pour in a glass, garnish with lime wedges (the green limes), chug at will.

--

alternative to this is teh bloody bull. it's an old man drink:

1 part vodka 2 parts beef broth 2 parts tomato juice, salt, pepper, and a small squeeze of lemon. shake it all in a tumbler with ice. there you go.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|