View Single Post
Old 06.14.2006, 10:04 PM   #21
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrybutitstrue
Hello everyone. I used to like Sonic Youth a whole lot, back when they were good. But they have not been good for a while now, in fact now they are extremely boring and unimaginitive. They sound like a shadow of their former creative selves. And I have given their new records a shot. The last few records, only the Lee song has been good, and this new one is just awful all around. They have nothing left, especially now that Jim O'Rourke is gone. And I'm sorry but Kim cannot sing, and Thurston masturbating a guitar is not music. And it's not that I don't appreciate noise, I love it, when it is done well. Kim's voice sounded good with the style of music they were doing circa Dirty, but now it is the most grating voice ever because it no longer works with the music and all their songs sound the same. Not to mention the lyrics have just gotten cheesier and cheesier as time goes on.
But please don't get me wrong, I really did used to like them a lot. I have a few set lists from their earlier shows and many of their records on vinyl. But every record they put out these days I just lose more and more respect for them, so please if you are listening, do us all a favor and just stop making half assed records because I want to remember you as you were, not as you are now. And no more of those wanky solo projects either (except Lee).

Um, that's nice. But why do you think people would care whether or not you like SY?
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|