View Single Post
Old 01.10.2007, 01:20 PM   #12
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse
oh man, that's a great poem.
her best, in my opinion, along with lady lazarus.
the rhythms are put together so well, with such a light jerky tone, while the subject matter is so dark and chilling.
not many poets can pull this off.
sylvia plath = amazing.

ha ha of course she is great, my animosity was directed at the hm pretentious pomposity of the firstpost. you gotta hear her reading her own poems also, she's great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyrulesok
sylvia plath's poetry, as a whole, leaves me cold, but i found the bell jar interesting in parts.

i don't get the hype. or maybe i'm too stupid. but i would probably class myself as one of !@#$%!'s oversensitive girls and it didn't affect me at all!

oh well there are oversensitive girls & there are fools, and i don't think you're one of the last category. again, my animosity at the poor manner of introducing such poem & poet may have bled into a misplaced, unfocused aggression....
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|