View Single Post
Old 11.14.2016, 08:47 PM   #24
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Cool about Liefeld.
I guess in my mind he's always been a bit of a ... how to put it... uhh.. well, let's just say I think Deadpool became what he is today as a result of the efforts of numerous writers. When he was created, he was just cool suit. A Deathstroke ripoff with no personality. A response to Image pushing comics into more violent territory in the '90s.

But he's become a cherished and beloved character of mine, and I loved the movie, and I love where the character exists now in the world of comics.

right. I mean, thanks to him - Deadpool exists.

Quote:
Ps. Did you hear the director backed out of Deadpool 2? That always makes me nervous. Especially with all the shit Wade's been through in the journey from page to screen. But apparently #3 already has the green light, so they must be confident.

yeah, we'll see what happens. My understanding is that it was a disagreement w/ RR over the tone. And I think Reynolds def has a grasp on how the character should be portrayed. I'm cautiously optimistic right now.

I read some stuff...

The Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #1 - holy shit I liked this a lot. More than I expected. Like this juxtaposition of mundane family life balanced with superhero-dom. Great great art. And some classic villains show up. I'm sticking with this one. (There were two short bonus comics at the end which were more silly and didn't do anything for me).

The Avengers #1.1 - I love shit like this. A classic throwback (much like my love for X-Men '92). It even LOOKS old(er). I'm recommending this one to you guys who grew up on 90's Marvel stuff. I'll be sticking w/ the .1 storyline... heck, I might even start reading 2016 Avengers just to have both storylines going at once. And I had planned to skip that one.

Deadpool #1 - this is volume 5 (2016). Kind of a confusing start, but basically there's all these other characters posing as Deadpool and being killers for hire (for good). And Deadpool is famous (since he's an Avengers, at least in the Uncanny Avengers tie-in going on). I'm mixed on it right now, but will give it another issue or two to see if it really grabs me.

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #1 - eh, I want to like this more than I do. I love TMNT. I love Batman Adventures. But I don't like the TMNT Nickelodeon cartoon that's currently on it - and that's what this is tying into Batman Adventures. It just feels a little too aimed at kids.