View Single Post
Old 03.11.2014, 03:34 PM   #55
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
These are USA sales. I would not imagine that worldwide distribution was in-depth enough to add much more to the count. Maybe like another 15% added to all Geffen totals?

It always shocks me how little they have sold. I know I am personally responsible for 6 of the DDN sales figures! (2 cassettes, 2 CD's and 2 vinyls)

Compare to Nirvana worldwide figures as of 9/2013 (Bleach is Sub Pop's biggest seller. They funded the last 15 years of their existence on Bleach.)

Bleach - 5,000,000

Nevermind (#1 on charts)- 31,000,000

In Utero (#1 on charts) - 15,000,000

MTV Unplugged (#1 on charts) - 25,000,000 (GODDAMN! MTV made a mint off of that shit)

Hell, the Smells Like Teen Spirit single alone sold 2.25 MILLION.

If SY had ever reached that level they would have likely not survived as long as they did.