View Single Post
Old 06.01.2015, 08:10 AM   #38832
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
yeah, i struggle with that, i think up my grocery list while i'm on the treadmill or walking, and two days later i finally remember what i needed after i'm finished with my shopping and bought absolutely nothing useful. shit, i just went to make a midnight snack and literally have nothing but condiments now till i can hit the store tomorrow night.

ah timers i should probably start on. i'm still looking into medication, honestly, too.

you might indeed need meds but i'd suggest to try GTD first. the book is probably in every ilbrary in the country. my local system had a bunch of copies.

here are the details on only part of the system (plan/organize) courtesy of wikipedia

looks like gibberish but it makes so much sense once you get it.

for your fast-paced restaurant work you could just have a simple notepad where you write next actions and cross them out as you complete them-- typing crap into a phone and retrieving them is probably too slow. but that's one context. you may have other contexts like @errands or @home or @library or @writing for example-- context are individual things that depend on your particular life.

for example i used to have @internet (ha ha) when my connection was so crummy i had to go to a nearby town to update things. my connection is still shit by modern standards, but it's now decent enough that updating my phone apps no longer has to be put into a special list.

my most useful context is probably @errands - not only do i remember what i need to do/get when i'm out but it also lets me plan my shopping and thus control my expenses (if it's not in the list i don't buy it). additionally it lets me plan my trips-- since i live far from town, i plan my errand loops. shit, even the supermarket list follows the store map. so i can do all very efficiently and with no "oops".

anyway check it out-- it's superuseful and liberating and all kinds of good.

start with the basic overview in the obvious place:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Things_Done
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|