View Single Post
Old 09.21.2007, 04:55 AM   #8
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I loved them as a freshman in high school. everyone else was listening to nofx and op ivy and rancid on the bus and I was listening to wire, gang of four.. mr. bungle. haha. that's what punk should be like.

that being said, i haven't really pulled out a gang of four album in years. they're actually quite boring, in retrospect. they have some good bass lines and some good lyrics and their guitarist is... interesting... but they're just a bit.... boring to me now (i don't know if i just realized they're boring or if i just played them to death; a little of a, a little of b?). I LOVE "solid gold", it's about 100 times better than entertainment!. and i also named my livejournal (hah) after a gang of four song... "white noise in a white room." so yeah. they've been influential to me a bit. like most bands, their ep's are probably better than their full lengths.. and their later albums are terrible. i'd still reccomend "solid gold", though, i got many plays out of that. "paralyzed" has to be one of the best songs ever.

"dis hevi n givz me megrainz."

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|