View Single Post
Old 03.17.2016, 09:28 AM   #1135
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
No I think he's trying to satisfy the masses, the younger generation of hip hop listeners in particular with this album. Even if I didn't love Yeezus I would still respect it. But let me shut up.

Well, first off I don't want you to shut up, I very much want you to say MORE about all of this. (Unless it's just, y'know, "TLOP is so bad" over and over again, which wouldn't help my morale much at the moment, and which I kinda don't entirely believe since I know damn well how many of the songs you like ) but I definitely want to hear more from you.

Second, what do you mean "even if (you) didn't love Yeezus..." ?? I'm confused. Shouldn't this be, like, "even if I did like TLOP" or something? Who's talking about Yeezus?

(Side note: Yeezus is so great! Woke up with the line "Come on homie what happen'? You niggas ain't breathing you gaspin'!" just running through my head... What a great line. What a great song. What a great album. )

Finally, I don't think he's trying to appeal to anyone here. I don't think there's any substantial contingent of the hip-hop community who exclusively listens to music through Tidal. In fact, there are only about 3 million subscribers!!! Yeah, that's way up from the number of subscribers pre-TLOP (1 mill) but I don't think anyone anywhere is thinking "yes, this is exactly how I wanted this album to be released! Perfect!" unless it's fucking Dr. Doom or Lex Luthor or The Brain or someone else hell bent on destruction and chaos.

But I maintain that several of the album's songs are top self Kanye. Like, the best all around songs he's dropped since MBDTF. Those are Real Friends and No More Parties in LA and FML and Ultralight Beam. "Famous" is excellent but I can understand how it might be kind of hard to love a song like "Famous" .... (See what I did there?) for folks who don't like the album as a whole.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|