View Single Post
Old 03.16.2016, 11:08 AM   #1122
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
not really revolutionary. Weezer did that shit w/ Maladroit back in 2001 or whatever. They worked on the album publicly (via their official msg board) and asked for fan feedback every step of the way - revised tracks based on feedback - and THEN guess what they did? They delivered a FINISHED album.

Know what they didn't do? They didn't charge a monthly subscription fee while they were still "tweaking" things.

I know you think it's baffling that some of us don't want to hear (or pay for) an unfinished album. But like I've said in the past, I didn't hear the GOOD Friday demos for MBDTF until that album was already released at retail either.

I think all of this is baffling dude. I'm pissed at Kanye one minute, thinking "what the hell man?", then I listen to the album and I think, "whatever's going on, whatever might or might not happen, this thing is just dope as fuck" ... Then I want to talk to my friends about it. Then I get pissed because nobody (aside from complete strangers on Twitter and tumblr and a few estranged Facebook friends) is talking to me about it!!

So don't mistakenly assume that I'm against you here bro. I'm pretty goddamn bewildered all around.

And I DEFINITELY want the album to be released. Just a few conclusive words from Kanye about what the fuck his actual plans are for this album and future albums would go along way to settling my stomach and calming my nerves.

I've always been a stickler for the official. I don't read fan fiction, I don't download lane ass DJ mixtapes that aren't backed by the artist, I don't have a very big collection of bootlegs anymore and those I do have I keep in a separate area from my catalogued and organized albums. I hate the fact that the next Gane of Thrones season is going to include shit that isn't in the books! Because what the fuck is the point?! I hate it when anime shows (ahem, Bleach) contain entire seasons of "anime only" filler that isn't based on the manga when the author is in between volumes, allowing the storyline to veer off into stupid boring places that the manga' author has nothing to do with. I dont read unauthorized biographies unless there's a widely accepted and damn good reason for doing so that is accepted by the literary community at large (important information that the artist's estate doesn't want to release because it would lead to bad pr)... And I CERTAINLY would never do something like this:

(Ugh... right?)

I want the album to just be released – or at least for this what if shit to stop – as much or more than anyone.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|