View Single Post
Old 09.26.2013, 11:00 PM   #39
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I have always found Tom Waits boring as fuck. he also did not have a huge early career in aggressive punk and rawk music. apples and oranges. Same with Dr. John.

I am talking more about bands and musicians who made their name with aggressive rock n roll and then proceed in their later years to create standard, boring songs.

Neil Young is ancient for a rocker and still rocks mad-ass. He was always a folkie to start with though so his folk records later on are a continuation of what he has always done.
So you need to be more exact what you´re writing. If you have written "every punk rocker..." I think I`ve understood better. But there is also exceptions in this, just listen (I think they´re over fifty when made this):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AXYMHd3yBQ

And by the way, in my opinion Tom Waits has much more punk attitude than many "so called" punk-rockers (for example Green Day & Offspring). I haven´t heard any great new young punk bands over twenty years.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|