Thread: John Zorn
View Single Post
Old 10.28.2009, 07:04 AM   #1
DanielCarlson
children of satan

DanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's asses
I searched, but didn't find another thread about him. So, anyone else that likes him and his projects? It's a jungle with Zorn albums out there, and it's always hard to know which album to try out next. Far from everything is good, but sometimes you find some really great stuff by him. I feel that I've only begun to scratch a little on the surface myself.

Anyway, I really like The Big Gundown. Ennio Morricone covers, but really good. I like most albums by Naked City, the S/T is great, Grand Guignol is great, Absinthe is great. I like Magick and The Gift. Spy Vs. Spy is good when I'm in the right mood. The last album I listened to was Masada Live In Sevilla 2000, which I liked a lot.

Now it's your turn!
DanielCarlson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|