View Single Post
Old 09.15.2013, 03:36 AM   #45826
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
chocolate ladyland, sweet jesus the top two are good. FF not really what I wanted from them but having followed them for so long it's a development which is wholly welcome. armed courage is just another fucking classic from a band who are certainly among the greatest of all time at this point. since I last paid out halcyon digest on here it's gained a bit of respect in my eyes (mainly because monomania is perhaps the worst album I've ever heard in my life, seriously), not because of its songs but rather a renewed like for its atmosphere, that feeling it perpetuates. still not a patch on microcastle/weird era, much less cryptograms and fluorescent grey.

brilliant when you're absolutely and utterly fucking miserable. stone island is also fantastic, can't even begin to think about how I should digest these records given the history of hype (RIP my lovers, the last visionaries of pop)

also in & out of rotation...
craig leon - nommos
pere ubu - dub housing
gate - moths
daniel menche - marriage of metals
hair & skin trading company - jo in nine g hell
wreck small speakers on expensive stereos - river falling love
derek bailey - incus taps
bruce gilbert - this way
parquet courts - american specialties
vakula - you've never been to konotop
the clean - vehicle