View Single Post
Old 12.19.2012, 03:50 PM   #1
zelocia
bad moon rising

zelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asses
So I was at my favorite record store in NYC a week or two ago and I'm looking through the Sonic Youth section and they just have the reissues and such but then I stumble upon two different things. They are titled "Rare Tracks Vol 1" and "Rare Tracks Vol 2." I believe they are bootlegs of some sort. I just finished listening to both of them and the quality is great. "I Love You Golden Blue" appeared on "Vol 1" just as it sounded on the Nurse LP. The person/people who made these probably just ripped them off the album. Also, "Pipline/Kill Time" and "Waist" appeared on "Vol 2" and they both sounded just like they did on the album. The list of songs printed on the back of "Vol 2" did not correspond to their respective side (Side A started with "The Drummer Is Fine (Part 2)"). And Cherry's Blues wasn't on "Vol 2" at all but the first few seconds of it were on the Side B of "Vol 1." It occured to me before and even moreso after purchase that neither of these were "new" depsite that they were grouped with new, shrink-wrapped and official Sonic Youth records. Two pictures below, more on Photobucket (link is also below)! I was just wondering, what do you guys think of this? Have you seen them before? Are there more volumes out there? Do any of you have these? Or if you have any questions, please ask me.

Photos: http://s1296.beta.photobucket.com/user/zelocia/library/

Here is the track listing for both albums:

Vol 1:
Think It Over
I Love You Golden Blue
bee bee's song
pterodactyl wars
Compilation blues
Superstar
fri/end
Untitled (Lee home demos)
The Sprawl part 1
The Sprawl part 2
Cherry's Blues

Vol 2:
Cherry's Blues
Tomorrow Never Knows/GlassOnion
Thought Bubbles
Pipeline/Kill Time
Waist
the drummer is fine (part 2)
Platoon II
Giggles
stereo sanctity (live)
santa don't cop out on dope
fire engine (part 2)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4560.jpg (57.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4556.jpg (62.5 KB, 11 views)
zelocia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|