View Single Post
Old 12.30.2017, 10:44 AM   #21999
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i saw that thing. i remember nothing of it except from scarlett. i’ll watch anything with scarlett in it. otherwise captain america is dullness. oh, except for that “electricity” joke in avengers. ha ha ha ha. that was a good joke.

this talk of scarlett reminds me that ghost in the shell has been out some time now. seen the trailer. looks real, lol. but yeah i gotta get that.

I hear it’s TERRIBLE. But I’m a fan of the manga and original movie, so there’s really no chance a clunky American adaptation is going to win me over. Well, I suppose there’s some chance. Like... if they had cast that girl from Game of Thrones and Iron Fist... uhh... Jessica something? Anyway, she’s a gorgeous Asian girl who knows karate and shit and would have been excellent.

I like Scarlet too, and she’s cool in those Marvel flicks, but she’s particularly cool in Wntwr Soldier because she isn’t just a pair of oiled up boobs. She has thoughts and motivations and stuff.

Anyway, I just think Winter Soldier is one of those “superhero” movies that actually packs a wallop, and is charged up and badass in a non-superheroey way. WAY better than the depictions of Cap in the first one or his ridiculous stupid spandex costume in the first Avengers (that moment made me ashamed to be a “Cap Guy.”)

Oh hey have you seen UNDER THE SKIN? Such a goddamn amazing movie, with SO much Scarlet in it. I’ll say no more, in case you haven’t seen it. But if that’s the case... SEE IT!

ETA: OK, it’s Jessica Henwick — the girl from GoT who should have been in Ghost in The Shell — and she’s Chinese, not Japanese but still... Scarlet aside, tell me this girl wouldn’t have been a better choice for GITS:

Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|