View Single Post
Old 10.03.2015, 08:18 PM   #1602
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Man I am not super feeling the new Underachievers, guys! I feel like a turncoat. I've been championing those guys since Indigosim (which is- far and away- their best work and one of the best hip hop releases of the decade), but I can't get behind Art of Duality. There's nothing *wrong* with it, but... It's just more of the same.

They don't sound hungry and dangerous like they did on Indigo, or even on Cellar Door's primo moments. They sound... pedantic. And it's just the Cellar Door concept. Like, oh look we are the ying and the yang -- oh, we're STILL the ying and the yang... it's *duality* yo, cuz we're womanizing thugs but we're also super spiritual!

Uh-uh! No! That's corny shit! What the hell are you guys doing?!

As far as "beast coast" is concerned, Joey Bada$$ is running circles around them at this point. The beats are fine, mostly, and many of the lyrics are passable, but I'm not re-playing tracks. It's just not good enough, dammit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|