View Single Post
Old 10.11.2016, 12:20 PM   #19746
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
yeah i didn't want him to look more human-- his looks are great. rather, i would have liked his caves to look like some lost atlantis or something. you know what i mean? like... the last survivor of an old civilization? hence, hyper-lonely?

to me it's hard to sympathize with him because there's a couple of indians by the water and he just goes and kills them for no reason. wtf. fuck him. and the indians would know better than not to be stuck in tent without a machete anyway. but yeah--so, i don't find his presentation sympathetic. it's more like-- here's a serial killer who is ALSO stalking a hot lady. and his main adversary is a greedy ugly american. who do i root for? the couple that's on the edge of that volcano, sorta.

julie adams, right, i don't know where i got "jane" (probably from austen in my mind). what an incredible body and yes her swimming is truly erotic, but i just hated that they made her character "dumb" . she's there for decoration almost-- a prop for the males to fight for. like, she's supposed to be this accomplished scientist, right? the first wounded blanco tells her that much--what a great career she has, etc. but there's nothing that she does or says that shows her as a competent person with a great career-- it's almost like-- yeah, they shouldn't have brought a woman on this expedition, look at the trouble she causes. i know it's an artifact of its time, but it still throws me off a little.

i wouldn't mind a remake with a smarter female character, like, an actual hot scientist who does science and voices her opinion--but looks awesome in a swimsuit. plus underwater shots in color would be amazing. sorry if this sounds like sacrilege! maybe like for me if someone tried to remake la dolce vita. do not touch that. not that one can, i think, as that transition has passed. but still, a remake of la dolce vita, i don't know, i'd likely be enraged by it.

speaking of female characters, i just saw a trailer for the ghost busters reboot and it seemed to me funnier than the original. maybe it's just the trailer that has all the good lines but i wanna see it.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|