Thread: Effects
View Single Post
Old 12.04.2006, 04:03 PM   #72
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Delay is actually a nice effect because it is triggered by your playing. I prefer a nice short analog delay to vibe, chorus, etc, because it warms up the guitar sound and is much more musical to my ears.

The problem with a lot of post-rock bands is that they are "post-rock" and there is no satisfying rock out moment like in an SY song, or a Pavement song. That is what I personally live for.

Guitar effects are a matter of balance. Yeah delay sounds cool, and so do modulation effects- but you can't let them get in your way of rocking the fuck out.

What?! You ever listened to (most "post-rock") any Godspeed?! Kicks out the sweet "rock-out" moments a whole bunch! You can't honestly tell me that Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls doesn't make you wanna fuckin' bang yr head, in a non-metal sense. In many ways, I'd say "post-rock" has more rock-out power than most rock these days.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|