View Single Post
Old 03.26.2014, 08:21 AM   #292
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I can't believe you haven't heard it yet!

TBH, I really haven't looked into Gibbs all that much. Shrug.

Of course I'm a Madlib fan, but as odd as this might sound, I lean towards his jazz stuff way more. Like, YNQ and offshoots I cop immediately. Soul Directions is my favorite by a longshot. And then like the Shades of Blue (and Untinted) comps or the jazztapes he made as part of the Medicine Show series, or the Mind Fusion albums... ah. To me, that's the best Madlib stuff.

So I end up picking & choosing his collabs, and mostly it becomes based on "who's rapping?" And since I haven't gotten into Gibbs taht much, I wasn't in a rush w/ this one. But def the feedback has been nothing but great, so I feel like I should get on it.