View Single Post
Old 08.27.2017, 12:46 PM   #30
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
also hm re: bette davis, it's probably the cracked out drunken voice that's attractive. kind of a broken femme fatale thing.

my grad school advisor who was deep into academic music and shunned most pop things actually was crazy about that song too.

Man, my grad school advisor was a stone-cold bitch who violated privacy and ethics codes with ease and even glee. But if she had liked "Bette Davis Eyes" I probably would have adored her.

It's definitely the broken femme fatale thing. Also, that crushing melody. The cracks in the voice are certainly part of it too. You can apply it to a million things. Simplistic in its lyrics, but really, utterly hypnotic as a piece of music.
I remember watching the music video on VH1 and thinking, "This is absurd." And the video was indeed absurd and garish and cheesy. But the song just went right for the gut.

I challenge anyone who thinks my adoration of the song is lame to find it right now on your streaming service of choice, put on your headphones, listen from start to finish and then tell me there's nothing there.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|