View Single Post
Old 10.03.2012, 09:27 AM   #2120
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappard
Thanks for the link!

I disagree completely with Acidjack's
"But if you intend to record amplified rock, these internal mics will almost certainly distort."
That's certainly not my experience.

That said, good mics + bb trump internals every time, but for some people budget and convenience are more important. I'd love to be able to buy the kind of kit acidjack and nyctaper run, but I don't have $1000+ lying around. And even if I did, buying taping gear wouldn't be my first consideration - I'm Dutch, so naturally I'd spend it all on hookers and blow.

the "ts" folks are all about the "more complicated your gear, the more important you are in the process" thus there are zillions of dollars being used recording simple singer/songwriter stuff and jam bands.
I've had good luck with the d50 internal mics, as does Weasel Walter, if he's still posting stuff out there.....and I think your and hbj's work with the r9 and m10 are just wonderful. I certainly can see the idea of setting up quickly and forgetting your gear to be able to listen to the show without worrying about wires and batteries. The main reason I don't use the d50 internals more is that I can't set the unit down most scuzzy places I go to and not get it stolen.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|