View Single Post
Old 11.01.2014, 05:53 PM   #18422
HenryHill51
little trouble girl

HenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Nightbreed is brilliant, have you read the book? Clive barker could have been a Horror flick masrer but his shit is too smart for the slasher flick masses so the Hollywood suits never greenlighted much. Im glad you mentioned the mythology part, same thing with Lord of Illusions or Candyman, Barker creates stories that are worls unto themselves

I never read the book (or any of Barker's for that matter) but I can see your point. I seem to remember the film originally getting pummeled when it was released back in the day because expectations were so high. It seems hard when you have someone like Barker (or for that matter authors like George RR Martin and sections of "Game of Thrones") who build up these expansive, indelible universes in print that can never adequately translate to the screen. Must suck to be a genius writer.
HenryHill51 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|