Thread: 1967
View Single Post
Old 09.30.2014, 07:27 PM   #14
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
I have recently listened a lot of albums released in 1967 and find them all great! There came a document "It was twenty years ago" from Finland television in 1987 & since then I have thought 1967 was very important year in music. But still I have been suprised how many great albums has released then I´ve ever heard before. Of course the most of the great albums has made in the period of 1965-1975, but I think the most creative peak was in 1967. There has come great artists after 1975 ( such as Sonic Youth, Nick Cave, P.J. Harvey, Kate Bush, Jon Spencer & John Parish) but the commonly music has gone to the worse direction after 1975. Of course there has made "candy"-albums also in 1967 (I have had no interest to listen Petula Clark).

you pretty much nailed it with this list but 1967 was not the musical creative peak of anything. yes, most popular genres at the time evolved into something more mature and definite, but maybe 71 to 75 can claim to be the worst just like from 96 to 2000. in my opinion. another high peak is between 2001 and 2010 and we're currently going through some greasy shit hole now where 'pop' seems to be interesting and everything else bores.

yeah. motown, soul, james brown, the doors, VU, the stones, beatles, captain beefheart pretty much set everything into place.

most of my favorite albums are between the years of 76 to 94. or whats most commonly known for me as the post punk years. i mean where would the world be without the Ramones or Devo or Kraftwerk, SY, Pixies, Black Flag, Joy Division, Wire, late 70's David Bowie, early hip hop? theres a shit load of tremedously influential records between said time. 67 has too much fluff and hippy fiippy junk( as yr list shows) and not very realistic as the late 70's and 80's. it's all irrelevant anyway.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|