View Single Post
Old 01.10.2018, 11:18 PM   #487
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Some of us just honestly aren't interested in certain areas of music. That's not a problem. It just comes up the differences and taste, and taking differences in taste personally is a game for 12 year olds. I don't have time in my life for that music and that's perfectly okay. It doesn't make me any less developed of an aesthete.

Who’s talking about you? Who’s taking anything personally?

Just sucks for mags that deliberately don’t include an album just to look edgy when it’s obviously something special.

And honestly, excluding entire genres because you “don’t have time” kinda does make you a less developed aesthete. Your aesthetic will be less developed if you exclude entire genres of music than it would be if you didn’t. At the very least you’re limiting yourself if you refuse to listen to music based on some stubborn decision that it’s not “for you” or whatever.

I didn’t realize you did this — and maybe you don’t — so I’m not bashing you. But if you look at genres and just say “naaah,” that’s not exactly going to help you *develop* your aesthetic... erm... prowess?

(Shrug)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|