View Single Post
Old 01.11.2017, 07:24 PM   #47
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
Re: Black Star - that album is a fucking masterpiece and it's a shame they didn't do more albums like that. The beats and their flows compliment each other so perfectly. Verse after verse I'm always like "there'a no way the other one can follow that" but they always do. They were hungry as fuck. Thieves in the Night is my favorite track by far. Every time it's on I have no choice but to sit and listen to what they have to say.

Re: Beyoncé and Solange - I was in love with Lemonade at first but it didn't hold up (lol) for me. I watched the video once and haven't thought about it since. There are a batch of songs (The country one, the one with The Weeknd, the jack white song, sorry I'm bad with names) that I can't get all the way through any more. I agree with whoever said the anger was "theatrical" and honestly it's a little hard to take seriously sometime.

Another difference between the two is I feel Solange's album comes straight from her. It sounds like she's singing to you and not at you like a lot of Lemonade. When I hear Lemonade I hear a great pop record but it's not coming from a singular voice. It really does sound like an album a lot of people worked on, which of course it is, and it leaves me feeling like I'm being tRicked in a way (I'm not sure if that makes any sense i hope y'all can see where I'm getting at). Solange's album sounds a lot more honest to me, like I'm hearing someone creating music from their heart and telling the truth. I think a look at songwriting credits for the Solange record proves that. Also her performance on SNL was the shit.
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|